Procuring and Managing Resources and Services
The Purchasing division is responsible for the procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for all departments under the Board of County Commissioners, as well as the Sheriff’s Office, the Court Administrator and the Supervisor of Elections. Purchasing continues to successfully administer the competitive solicitation process and coordinate all associated bid awards, proposals, evaluation processes, and contract development. Purchasing also administers the County’s Warehouse, Property Control, E-Payables and Purchasing Card programs.
- Provided management oversight of the County VISA Purchasing Card and E-Payables programs with a purchase volume exceeding $5.6 million; provided training for new cardholders; implemented an online refresher training course for current cardholders; and realized an annual rebate exceeding $75,000.
- Provided value-added services to County staff through on-going procurement customer service and support with policy interpretation, purchase orders, change orders, quotes, informal bids, contract preparation, and other assistance.
- Provided sales and customer support to county staff through ordering, stocking and issuance of operational consumable products valued at over $72 million during Fiscal Year 2013 through more than 2,350 requisitions.
- Utilized both online auction services and on-site surplus sales to dispose of obsolete equipment that is no longer used by department, in order to maximize the County’s investment. In Fiscal Year 2013, multiple auctions were conducted that resulted in a return of almost $150,000.
- Represented Leon County in Reverse Trade Shows sponsored by chapters of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing in Panama City and Tallahassee.