Planning, Building, & Maintaining Quality Infrastructure
Public Works Administration is responsible for the oversight, monitoring, policy development and coordination of the largest Department within Leon County. The Public Works Department consists of four major divisions: Administration/Transportation, Engineering Services, Operations and Fleet Management.
The Administration Division assists the county in meeting its objectives by developing and maintaining transportation, parks and stormwater drainage capital improvement projects; responding to the Board, Administration and citizen inquiries; enhancing public participation programs; and, providing community services such as mosquito control. The Administration Division is also responsible for the financial, clerical and administrative support of the Department.
- Responding to Board, Administration and Citizen requests.
- Policy development, coordination, monitoring and oversight of Divisions within Public Works.
- County Transportation Systems Review and Update.
- Community Awareness and Public Participation Programs.
- Financial, clerical and administrative support
Public Works is divided into the following areas: